Energy Upgrade California representative Jeffery Liang from Ecology Action updated students tonight on the rebate program and shared his thoughts on business and job opportunities.
Energy Upgrade California Latest Numbers:
1,100 energy upgrade projects. Average basic job size is $6,500 and advanced is $11,500.
Energy Upgrade California Opportunities
Jeffery thinks there are a lot of marketing and outreach opportunities with the program.
Marketing and Outreach Opportunities
- Working with remodelers to get them on-board (in the program and effectively communicating to their customers) with Energy Upgrade California
- Community-based social marketing to generate job leads for energy auditors and contractors
- Translation for ESL customers
- Helping companies tell stories that resonate with their target market and generate leads
- Translating contractor-ese to language home-owners will understand and be motivated to take action by
- Know your target community
- Solid business plan
- Build relationships
- Practice effective communication
- Fostering Sustainable Behavior: An Introduction to Community-Based Social Marke… by Doug McKenzie-Mohr
- Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die